A super chef can spot a high-quality knife from a mile. But everyone is not a super chef! That’s why we’ve created the ‘best kitchen knife sets’ in 2021. And the first question is, what are you going to do with it? Meat? Boning? Sushi? Fish? Vegetables only? Fruit or fine dicing (pairing)? Or general use?
Whatever it is, we know that you are about to slice, peel and chop, more food than you could even care to remember. No joke; if you buy the best knife sets, you will get to own it forever.
We have collected valuable feedback and suggestions from experienced chefs and experts before recommending these knife sets. So you can easily skip the beginner’s mistakes and get the best knife set for the money.
Top 5 Best Knife Sets 2021 Reviews
We are not going to get an industry award or anything that sort for these reviews. We loves knives. Many people are in restaurant business and works in a lot of kitchens for a livelihood.
If you are one those rolli’n in kitchen or chef’s on budget, you’ll like these knife sets. It’ll help you to not blow tons of money on a knife set without losing quality.
|Knife name||Image||Our Rating (of 10)||Price|
|Mercer Culinary Genesis||9.4||$$$|
Let’s go to the detailed review
Chicago Cutlery Fusion
Chicago Cutlery Fusion knife set includes an 8-inch slicer to a 7-inch santoku, 3-inch peeler, 5-inch partoku, and some other. Total of 12 knives to help you deal with any cutting, slicing, or chopping job that you’ll regularly face in the kitchen. It’s the best knife set under $100 you can get.
It’s normal these days that every knife set comes with a wood block holder. So, it’s not surprising that this set also comes with a solid wood block knife holder, which is very useful.
What we liked is, These knives can perform like an expensive German set at a fraction of the cost. The blades on these knives are made from high-carbon stainless steel. And, the knives feature an exclusive Taper Grind edge technology for optimum sharpness and comfort.
These knives are both sharp and durable. If you are not experienced, we suggest you use some gloves and be careful, you will immediately proceed to cut your fingernails.
- The weight and balance of the Chicago Cutlery Fusion knife set is good. The knives are slightly rubberized on purpose for a comfortable grip. It’s thick handle.
- It can easily cut through meat like butter despite being not serrated like some cleavers.
- For the asking price, it’s well worth. If you are using a blunt knife for too long, you’ll be surprised. It gives quality, variety, functionality, and appearance like a high- end knife set.
- The handles don’t line up well in the wooden block. They look a tad bit off. And well, Of course, it’s doesn’t count as something that stops you from getting the knife set. This might be an odd case.
Tojiro DP 2-piece Chef’s Knife Set
Tojiro DP 2-piece Chef’s Knife Set is an outstanding all-purpose kitchen knife. Due to the popularity, they even increased price :(. else this could have been the best knife set you can buy it under $100 dollars.
There’s no disagreement among chefs, cooking is easy with these knives. They fit well in most hands, not too light nor too heavy.
Don’t overlook it because of only 2 pieces. For 95% task, these two are enough!
This knife is of good quality, which gives the best band bang for the money. Having a knife of this standard and sharpness makes you look pro even if you are not a cooking pro.
To be honest, you wouldn’t know that a kitchen knife can perform so well until you get something like this. It’s like holding a magic wand that gives you cooking power!
- Highly popular and everyone recommends it for everyone regardless of experience.
- Despite being the price increased recently by manufacturers, it still gives the best value for money.
- The knife set is thoughtfully constructed with 3-layer clad construction and a full Japanese core of VG-10 steel. And top of it, the knives are encased with two extra layers of extremely rigid rust-resistant stainless-steel alloy.
- Excellent edge retention feature on the blades keep the knives sharp (with regular sharpening, of course) for a long time. Combine all these technical features, and you have a clear winner in its class.
- Japanese craftsmanship. You will absolutely love this Japan-made knife set. Not to undermine the fact that the Tojiro Chef’s Knife Set comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Those with large hands will find the handle a tad bit small for their needs. They might have a problem keeping their hands comfortably on the knives.
- Only 2 pieces. While others give more than 2 pieces for less price. But quality matters, right? 2 is for win hehe
Victorinox Fibrox Pro Knife Set – #Best Knife Set Top Choice
This knife is our goto choice. It’s the new budget king knife set. For a fantastic feel and performance, the Victorinox 4-Piece Knife Set should be the starting point for most novice and pro chefs out there who’s on budget.
What’s interesting is, the knives are made by the same company makes Swiss Army knives too. That speaks about the Victorinox brand.
The set includes a total of four knives- an 8-inch chef’s knife, a 6-inch chef-cum-utility knife, a 10-1/4-inch bread knife, and a 4-inch paring knife. The beautiful assortment of these professional quality knives will serve most of your kitchen needs.
This knife set a high standard for its competitors at entry-level. Victorinox didn’t resort to any cost-cutting measure to sacrifice quality. It’s our favorite.
- Except for the fancy appearances, each of the Victorinox 4-Piece Knife Set can individually beat any store-bought knife out there by a milestone.
- Better yet, this knife set compares very favorably with other high-end knives in the market today. With high strength and cutting power, the knife really nails it in almost every area.
- The knife is rock-solid, durable, comfortable, and easy to use. The handle and the grip of the blades are also right on the money. The knife handles are approved by the National Sanitation Foundation.
- With proper care, the knives hardly lose their edge, and they stay razor-sharp for a prolonged period. Therefore, you will surely get your money’s worth and more from this knife set.
- From chicken, watermelon, raw vegetables, and everything else in between, the blade cut through everything like a dream.
- The handles on the knives are made from plastic and not wood. For a workhorse of this quality, the absence of wood seems like a surprising omission.
- That said, this doesn’t stop the knife from performing like a beast. Wood handles have many cons, as well.
Mercer Culinary Genesis Knife Set
If you are looking for something that has both looks and sharpness, the Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-Piece Knife Set should have in your collection. If you are ready to spend a few hundred, this 6-piece beautiful knife set should be a no-brainer choice. These are exceptionally sharp, and an expensive look and a good vibe to them. According to the makers, every knife in the collection is ‘razor-sharp.’ You should be careful.
It’s noteworthy that each knife showcases NSF certification, which implies that the blades are constructed from high carbon German-made steel. Better yet, this knife set looks excellent on a newly built/renovated countertop. They are undoubtedly well-made, sturdy, and balanced, which is what matters at the end of the day.
Not to forget the fact that the 6-piece knife selection is ample for most household needs. Why have 12 other knives when you are not going to use them anyway?
- These are Swiss-made knives and not some chinese knock off. The blades have a good weight and balance to them along with excellent grip.
- The comfortable grip makes it easy to hold the knives even when your hands are covered with fat greases or juices. And the handles are sturdy, tough, and flame resistant.
- From the large chopping knife to the two smallest knives, they are built with utmost precision. You will hardly need any efforts to cut through ribs, fish, meat, or raw vegetables.
- Besides, the blades are ice-tempered. As long as the knife is well-taken care off, they will last for a long time. Even after repeated use and frequent washing, the knife will look like a new one.
- You shouldn’t be throwing these knives in the dishwasher. A little bit of TLC should work. You can wash and dry them immediately as you go.
Wusthof Classic 7-piece Knife Set
If you haven’t experienced a high-end kitchen knife before, prepare yourself. This knife set is for enthusiasts. Those who looking for the best knife set under $400. For those who appreciate nothing but top-shelf products. The collection contains all the knives you would need every day. It has all the pieces.
The set is perfect without overdoing anything. The Wusthof Classic 7-piece knife set is by far the best deal for the asking price. That if you don’t restrict yourself to a budget. Hand comfort is also unmatched. It’s truly a premium knife set.
Every time you use one of these knives, you may say, ‘Why didn’t I get one of these earlier?
The included block is second to none as well. It’s sweet, narrow, beautiful, and a space-saver. The difference these beautiful and classy knives can make is remarkably amazing.
- These full-tang knives are made in Germany, and they carry a lifetime warranty. So, these aren’t one of those fragile items. The weight of these knives along with the sharp edges will tell you that the knives are built for serious cooks.
- The set is honed to perfection. And, they look amazing on the counter.
- It’s a full set. And includes only knives that get used. Better yet, each of the included knives has little functional overlap over the other. All the included knives have a set purpose. You already know that.
- Don’t expect to acquire this knife at a bargain price as its a high-end knife set. That said, the quality is exceedingly amazing for the price you pay for this classic knife set. You will not regret spending money on this high-quality cutlery.
- The Wusthof label is not etched in stone or anything, it’s actually a sticker. It looks nice, but it comes off in the months to follow. That said, this isn’t a significant product flaw to complain, but an attempt to make you guys well-aware that it’s just a sticker that’s not permanent by any means.
This concludes the reviews of best kitchen knife sets. What we have to say is, pick one according to your budget. Concentrate on getting a knife set for your need. You’ll see what’s the difference high-quality kitchen knives can make compared to regular store-bought knives.