Only an ambitious super chef can spot a high-quality knife from a mile. But not all are super chefs! That is why we’ve created the ‘best kitchen knife sets reviews’ in 2019. We know that you are about to slice, peel and chop, more food than you could even care to remember. No joke; if you buy the best knife sets, you will get to own it forever.
We are not going to get an industry award or anything that sort for this reviews. Many people are in restaurant business and works in a lot of kitchens for a livelihood. If you are one those rolli’n in kitchen or chef’s on budget, you’ll like these knife sets. It’ll help you to not blow tons of money on a knife set without losing quality.
We have collected valuable feedback and suggestions from experienced chef’s and experts before writing about this stuff. So you can easily skip the beginner’s mistakes and get the best kitchen knife set for the money
Top 5 Best Knife Sets Reviews
|Knife name||Image||Our Rating (of 10)||Price|
|Mercer Culinary Genesis||9.4||$$$|
Let’s go to the detailed review
In other words, there’s one knife for every situation. Kudos to the makers for including a sharpener and a wooden block as well to complete the set. These knives perform like expensive German sets at a fraction of the cost. For those who don’t know, the blades on these knives are made from high-carbon stainless steel. And, the knives feature an exclusive Taper Grind edge technology for optimum sharpness and comfort.
As you can tell by now, the knives are both sharp and strong. If you are not careful, you will immediately proceed to cut your fingernails. ‘Caution’ or ‘Gloves’; you decide what you would prefer when using these knives.
- The weight and balance of the Chicago Cutlery Fusion are almost perfect. The knives are slightly rubberized (on purpose) for a comfortable grip. It’s easy to tell that the quality control on the knives must have been very tight. The folks behind the Chicago Cutlery Fusion knives made sure that nothing is left on chance.
- Although the knives are not serrated, they can easily cut through meat like butter. To increase the value proposition for the end-consumers, the makers of the product have included a lifetime warranty on the knife set. Not to undermine the fact that the Chicago Cutlery Fusion knife set looks amazing on the counter.
- It’s easy to go bonkers over these knives. Anyone who comes over and gets a chance to use these knives will fall in love with them. Even your house cleaner might order a set of these sharp knives. Keep in mind that Chicago Cutlery is a well-known brand in its sector. They have a lot of devotees out there. The credit for this goes to this knife set and other winning products that the company has introduced over the years.
- For the quality, variety, functionality, and appearance, this knife set can give its competition a wounded feeling on any given day of the week. You will have no idea how bad your old knives were until you start using this superior quality knife set. If you want to continue using rusty knives, the Chicago Cutlery Fusion knife set is not for you.
- To be extremely picky on these knives, here’s something worth mentioning over here. The handles don’t line up well in the wooden block. They look a tad bit off. Of course, this doesn’t serve as a hindrance to the actual performance of the knives.
Frankly speaking, you wouldn’t know that a kitchen knife can perform so well until you latch on to this product. Simply put, this knife set will help you be in your best element. You will feel that the kitchen is your kingdom once again. Now, don’t be that person claiming that it’s hard to trust a skinny chef. Let me lay down the pros and cons of the product to help you make a well-educated purchase decision on your own merits.
- This could easily be one of the sharpest knives you could ever own. With the difference in pricing between Tojiro and other knife sets in the same price spectrum, you will surely find this knife set to be an absolute bargain. As such, the set includes one quantity of 8.25-inch (210mm) and one piece of a 4-inch paring knife (100mm).
- The knife set is thoughtfully constructed with 3-layer clad construction and a full Japanese core of VG-10 steel. To add to it, the knives are encased with two extra layers of extremely rigid rust-resistant stainless-steel alloy. Above all, the excellent edge retention feature on the blades keep the knives sharp (with regular sharpening, of course) for a long time. Combine all these technical features, and you have a clear winner in its class.
- There is nothing out there that can nail a product’s performance better than user experience. When queried, most of the customers have expressed a great degree of satisfaction and happiness when referring to this knife set. This knife set has been a people-pleaser by all means. It’s a hot pick among the masses.
- This knife set is sharp, well-balanced, easy to maneuver, and beautiful —all at the same time. With a 12-degree angle, it offers almost surgical precision. If you admire Japanese craftsmanship, you will absolutely love this Japan-made knife set. Not to undermine the fact that the Tojiro Chef’s Knife Set comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Those with gigantic hands will find the handle a tad bit small for their needs. They might have a problem keeping their hands comfortably on the knives.
- The word on the street is that this knife set can last for many years and beyond upon proper care. Keep in mind that you will have to wash, rinse, and dry the knives almost immediately after use to preserve the blades.
Truthfully speaking, there couldn’t be a better testimony for a product’s background than this. Of course, it’s always nice to know that the company backs this high caliber knife set with a lifetime warranty.
As the product title suggests, the set includes a total of four knives- an 8-inch chef’s knife, a 6-inch chef-cum-utility knife, a 10-1/4-inch bread knife, and a 4-inch paring knife. Whether you are a serious or a casual home cook, the nice assortment of these professional quality knives will serve all your kitchen needs. Given the high carbon stainless steel blade, you will be able to slice through things with very little pressure.
It’s clear that the manufacturers didn’t resort to any cost-cutting measure to introduce this knife set to the masses at a budget price. Frankly speaking, this knife set has set high standards for its competition by raising the bar.
- Except for the fancy appearances, each of the Victorinox 4-Piece Knife Set can individually beat any store-bought knife out there by a milestone. Better yet, this knife set compares very favourably with other high-end knives in the market today. With good strength and cutting power, the product really nails it in almost every area. So, you won’t feel like a fraud to yourself by considering this outstanding product.
- The knives are rock-solid, durable, comfortable, and easy to use. The handle and the grip on the knives are also right on the money. They feel nice in the hands. Given the best-in-class ergonomic design, they don’t slip from one’s hands. As a result, a person is less prone to accidents. For starter’s knowledge, the knife handles have been approved by the National Sanitation Foundation.
- These knives won’t turn useless in a short period of time. The knives hardly lose their edge, and they stay razor sharp upon proper care for a prolonged period of time. Therefore, you will surely get your money’s worth and more from this knife set.
- The sharpness and the precision on these knives are undoubtedly pro-level. From chicken, watermelon, raw vegetables, and everything else in between, the blades cut through everything like a dream.
- The handles on the knives are made from plastic and not wood. For a workhorse of this quality, the absence of wood seems like a surprising omission. That said, this doesn’t stop the product from performing like a beast. If performance and nothing else matters to you, you can get this knife set without missing a heartbeat.
Keep in mind that each knife showcases NSF certification, which implies that the knives are constructed from high carbon German-made steel. Better yet, this knife set looks great on a newly constructed/renovated countertop. They are certainly well-made, sturdy, and balanced, which is what matters at the end of the day.
Not to forget the fact that the 6-piece knife selection is ample for most household needs. Why have 12 other knives when you are not going to use them anyways?
- These are Swiss-made knives and not some Chinese junk. The knives have a good weight and balance to them along with great grip. The comfortable grip makes it easy to hold the knives even when your hands are covered with fat greases or juices. Better yet, the handles are sturdy, tough, and flame resistant.
- From the large chopping knife to the two smallest knives, they are built with utmost precision. You will hardly need any efforts to cut through ribs, fish, meat, or raw vegetables. Moreover, the blades are ice tempered. Therefore, the knives do retain their sharpness. Furthermore, the holding stand is a nice bonus for storing the knives.
- As long as the knives are well-taken care off, they will last for a long time. Even after repeated use and frequent washing, the knives continue to look like brand new. Better yet, you can relax knowing that the knife company offers a lifetime warranty on this product.
- Even if you are someone who hates to cook, you will realize how much of a difference high-quality knife can have in the food cooking process. In fact, you could be surprised knowing how much you enjoy using these amazing knives.
- The lazy part of you may not like this news —you shouldn’t be throwing these knives in the dishwasher. This isn’t to say that you should be prepared to be a slave to clean these knives. A little bit of TLC should work over here. You can wash and dry them immediately as you go.
- Although this knife set is nicely packaged to prevent cosmetic damage on the way, you should be careful while opening the shipment. If the large knife were to pierce through the box, you could accidentally hurt yourself.
So, the setup is perfect without overdoing anything. The Wusthof Classic 7-piece knife set is by far the best deal for the asking price. The knife oozes excellent workmanship and quality. The hand comfort is also unmatched. It’s truly a premium knife set that can cut through just about everything like butter.
Every time you use one of these knives, you will end up saying, ‘Why didn’t I get one of these earlier? The included block is second to none as well. It’s nice, narrow, beautiful, and a space-saver. So, you are surely getting more than your money’s worth from the deal. Whether you cook every day or not, don’t hesitate to consider this product.
- These full tang knives are made in Germany, and they carry a lifetime warranty. So, these aren’t one of those flimsy items. The weight of these knives along with the sharp edges will tell you that the knives are built for serious business.
- All the part-time ninjas and dedicated cooks will surely enjoy this solid knife set. After all, all the knives are well-balanced and crazy sharp. These guys are honed to perfection. And, they look amazing on the counter.
- The best part is that the makers have only included those knives that get used. Better yet, each of the included knives has little functional overlap over the other. All the included knives have a set purpose, and they work wonderfully well for their intended purpose.
- Don’t expect to acquire this product at a bargain price as its a high-end knife set. That said, the quality is exceedingly amazing for the price you pay for this classic knife set. You will not regret spending money on this high-quality cutlery.
- The Wusthof label is not etched in stone or anything, it’s actually a sticker. It looks really good, but it comes off in the months to follow. That said, this isn’t a major product flaw to bitch about, but an attempt to make you guys well-aware that it’s just a sticker that’s not permanent by any means.
That concludes the list of best kitchen knife set. Hopefully, I am not bleating to uninterested readers. Once you are done reading all the reviews, concentrate on getting a knife set of your choice to treasure every single day of cooking. Yes, the game changes when you are armored with high-quality kitchen knives.
Honestly, you can’t just use any of these knives set and not feel good about your decision. The sheer volume of time you spend in the kitchen will determine the degree of intellectual joy and stimulation you will derive from the kitchen cookware. Contrast to the today’s world of subpar knives; these knives are a beast. And what a beautiful beast they are. So, go ahead and nail this thing on your first attempt.